Asonta Gholston, a cast member from the reality TV show Love During Lockup, died in a car accident on September 2, 2023. He was 32 years old. His death shocked and saddened his fans, family and friends, who remembered him as a loving and charismatic person.
Who is Asonta Gholston?
- Asonta Gholston was born on June 6, 1991 in Georgia. He had a troubled childhood and was involved in drugs and crime at a young age. He spent several years in prison for various offenses, such as burglary, theft and assault.
- He met Raneka Johnson, his partner on Love During Lockup, through a prison pen pal program. They fell in love and decided to start a new life together after his release. Raneka moved from Texas to Georgia with her two daughters to be with him.
- Asonta and Raneka were featured on the third season of Love During Lockup, a spin-off of Love After Lockup, which follows the relationships of couples who met while one of them was incarcerated. The show documents their struggles and challenges as they adjust to life outside prison.
- Asonta and Raneka faced many difficulties in their relationship, such as trust issues, financial problems and family conflicts. Asonta also had trouble finding a stable job and staying out of trouble with the law. He was arrested several times for violating his parole and other charges.
Asonta Gholston Car Accident
- On the day of his death, Asonta was involved in a traffic collision car accident that claimed his life. The details of the accident are still unclear, but it is believed that he was driving at a high speed and lost control of his vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- His death was announced by Raneka on her Facebook page, where she posted two photos of him with the captions “Fly high” and “R.I.H TO A REAL ONE”. She also expressed her love for him and said that she knew he loved her more than any woman that ever stepped on earth.
- His family and friends also paid tribute to him on social media, sharing their memories and condolences. They described him as a fun-loving, generous and loyal person who always made them laugh. They also said that he had a big heart and a bright smile that lit up any room.
- His fans also mourned his loss and sent their prayers and support to his loved ones. They said that they enjoyed watching him on the show and that they were rooting for him to succeed in life. They also hoped that he would find peace and happiness in heaven.