Yara Zaya is a reality TV star, influencer and entrepreneur who has surprised her fans with her stunning look transformation. She has gone from being a natural beauty to a glamorous diva, thanks to her makeup skills, fashion sense and cosmetic surgery. But how did she look like before surgery? And what motivated her to change her appearance so drastically? Here are some facts and details about her life and journey that you need to know:
Yara Zaya Early Life and Career
Yara Zaya was born on June 6, 1994 in Kyiv, Ukraine. She grew up in a middle-class family and attended a private school. She was always interested in beauty and fashion, but she felt insecure about her body. She said that she was bullied for being skinny and flat-chested, and that she wanted to have curves like her idols, such as Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez. She also suffered from acne and low self-esteem.
She started modeling when she was 18 years old, after being scouted by an agency. She did some commercial and editorial work, but she was not satisfied with her look. She said that she felt like a “plain Jane” and that she wanted to stand out from the crowd. She decided to enhance her features with cosmetic surgery, starting with breast implants when she was 19 years old.
She also traveled the world and met different men, but she did not find true love until she met Jovi Dufren, an American underwater robotics engineer. They met on a dating app and had a whirlwind romance in various countries. They fell in love and decided to get married in the U.S. under the K-1 visa program.
They were featured on the eighth season of 90 Day Fiancé, a reality TV show that follows the relationships of couples who have 90 days to marry before their visas expire. The show documents their struggles and challenges as they adjust to life in a new country and culture.
Yara Zaya Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
Yara Zaya has admitted that she has had several cosmetic surgery procedures to improve her appearance and boost her confidence. She has had the following surgeries:
- Breast augmentation: She had her first breast augmentation surgery when she was 19 years old, in 2013. She said that she wanted to have bigger breasts because she felt insecure about her small chest. She went from a B cup to a D cup, and later to an E cup. She said that she loved her new breasts and that they made her feel more feminine and attractive.
- Lip fillers: She had her first lip filler injection when she was 21 years old, in 2015. She said that she wanted to have fuller lips because she liked the trend of plump lips that was popularized by celebrities and social media influencers. She said that she used hyaluronic acid fillers, which are temporary and need to be refreshed every six months. She said that she liked her new lips and that they made her smile more beautiful.
- Nose job: She had her first nose job surgery when she was 23 years old, in 2017. She said that she wanted to have a smaller and straighter nose because she felt unhappy with her natural nose shape. She said that she had a rhinoplasty, which is a surgical procedure that reshapes the nose. She said that she was happy with the result of her surgery and that it made her face more symmetrical and harmonious.
- Cheek implants: She had her first cheek implant surgery when she was 25 years old, in 2019. She said that she wanted to have higher and more defined cheekbones because she felt that they would enhance her facial features and make her look more youthful. She said that she had malar augmentation, which is a surgical procedure that inserts implants into the cheekbones. She said that she was satisfied with the outcome of her surgery and that it made her look more glamorous and sophisticated.
- Botox injections: She had her first botox injection when she was 26 years old, in 2020. She said that she wanted to have smoother and wrinkle-free skin because she felt that it would make her look more radiant and fresh. She said that she used botox, which is a neurotoxin that temporarily paralyzes the muscles that cause facial expressions. She said that she used it sparingly and only on certain areas of her face, such as the forehead, the eyebrows and the crow’s feet. She said that she liked the effect of botox and that it made her look more relaxed and rested.
Yara Zaya Motivations for Plastic Surgery
Yara Zaya has explained that she had various motivations for undergoing plastic surgery. She has said that:
- She wanted to improve her self-esteem and confidence, as she felt insecure about her body since childhood.
- She wanted to enhance her beauty and attractiveness, as she felt pressured by the media and society to fit certain standards of beauty.
- She wanted to boost her career and income, as she felt that having a better appearance would help her succeed as a model and influencer.
- She wanted to please her husband Jovi, as he supported her decisions and paid for some of her procedures.
- She wanted to express herself and have fun, as she enjoyed changing her look and experimenting with different styles.